La Jolla Museums Participating in ‘Kids Free in October’ Event Throughout San Diego!
Back by popular demand! The fourth annual “Kids Free in October” is back and invites families to enjoy free kids’ admission to more than 30 local museums across San Diego County, including Birch Aquarium at Scripps and The La Jolla Historical Society!
Brought to you by The San Diego Museum Council, this program for families has been hugely successful the past three years. In 2013, more than 10,000 families participated in the “Kids Free in October” event! This year, more attendance is expected. To take advantage of this exciting local San Diego offer, you can download the free coupon from the website for each museum you wish to visit in the month of October.
Why not challenge you and your family to visit ALL 30 San Diego museums that are participating over the 31 days of October? You can experience a variety of exhibits including:
1) Exploring the outdoors at the San Diego Botanic Garden
2) Viewing the latest art exhibitions at the Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego
3) Experiencing sea creatures and living tide pools at the Birch Aquarium in La Jolla
4) Interacting with the exhibits for parents and kids at the Ruben H. Fleet Science Center
5) Exploring the U.S.S. Midway’s new family audio tour that takes young kids on an entertaining exploration of more than 30 locations aboard the aircraft carrier.
Kids Free in October showcases San Diego’s incredible exhibits. Here is a list of the participating museums:
- Barona Cultural Center & Museum
- Birch Aquarium at Scripps
- Cabrillo National Monument
- California Center for the Arts Museum
- California Surf Museum
- Coronado Museum of History & Art
- Flying Leatherneck Aviation Museum
- Gaslamp Museum at William H. Davis House
- Heritage of the Americas Museum
- Japanese Friendship Garden
- La Jolla Historical Society
- Living Coast Discovery Center
- Lux Art Institute
- Marston House Museum and Gardens
- Mingei International Museum
- Museum of Contemporary Art
- Museum of Making Music
- Museum of Photographic Arts
- Oceanside Museum of Art
- Reuben H. Fleet Science Center (galleries only)
- San Diego Air & Space Museum
- San Diego Archaeological Center
- San Diego Automotive Museum
- San Diego Botanic Garden
- San Diego Children’s Discovery Museum
- San Diego Chinese Historical Museum
- San Diego Model Railroad Museum
- San Diego Natural History Museum
- Santa Ysabel General Store
- Serra Museum
- The New Children’s Museum
- The San Diego Museum of Art
- The Water Conservation Garden
- Tijuana Estuary Visitor Center
- Timken Museum of Art
- USS Midway Museum
- Veterans Museum & Memorial Center
- Visions Art Museum
- Warner-Cabrillo Ranch House
- Women’s Museum of California
Here is the fine print for this exciting local San Diego event:
-The coupon allows up to 2 children 12 and under to get in free with one paid adult.
-Children have to be accompanied by an adult.
-The coupon does not apply to specially ticketed events, special exhibits or field trips and can not be combined with any other offers, discounts or coupons.
-The coupon must be provided at the time you visit the museum, but you can print out more.
-Kids Free in October coupons are valid October 1-31, 2014.
Come experience the dozens of San Diego cultural institutions and bring your kids for free! For more information, click here.
Thinking of buying or selling a home in the La Jolla area? As consistent Top Producers in real estate, Linda Daniels and The Daniels Group are your La Jolla housing specialists. Working with The Daniels Group will give you with the advantage of having local experts to ensure that you have a successful real estate transaction. From buying, selling and investing to financing options and more, we have the expertise and resources to help you achieve your goals. Call us today at (858) 361-5561 or email us anytime by clicking here.